In Lab Turn-In (GSP 270 face-to-face classes only)
Upload at least one screen capture of your projections to Canvas. You may copy and paste it into a blank word document and then upload the document.
Take Home Turn-In
Due next week at the start of lab:
- A lab report with the following sections: Abstract, Introduction, Methods, Results, Conclusion
- Four screen captures of your chosen projections inserted as a figure in the Results section. Be sure to include a caption explaining which projection it is
- A table of your distortion values for the four projections the Results section
- Answers to the following questions in your Conclusion section:
Question 1: Approximately, what is the maximum distortion in GoogleMaps?
Question 2: Where have the parallels been compressed or stretched in the Albers Equal Area projection?
Question 3: Where have the meridians been compressed or stretched in the Albers Equal Area projection?
- Your conclusion should also state which projection was the best one for your island location